August 3, 2012

Rockin' Resources Linky Party


There have been a TON of linky parties and blog hops circulating lately, but I could not resist this one! Kelly over at The Teacher Idea Factory is hosting the Rockin' Resources linky party where teachers are sharing the things they could not live without in their classrooms. I can't wait to go take a look at all the wonderful things other teachers are using! (Which also means I'll probably be doing some shopping later, too!)

I have a few things that I love, love, LOVE in my room!! Here are my 5 faves:

Smelly Markers!!!
Any kiddo who has ever been in my class knows that I love my smelly markers! I know there are different brands floating around out there, but I am a total Mr. Sketch snob!! They cost a little more, but my nose says they are worth it!!
 
 


Self-Adhesive Business Card Holders!!!
I use these to label EVERYTHING! I use the business card template in Word to make the labels, then slide them in! Easy peasy!! I put them on my tubs, lockers, cabinet doors...you name it, I put a clear pocket on it! It makes labeling things (and changing the labels on things) super easy! And...if you Google them, you can buy them in bulk which makes them MUCH cheaper!

 


 My Printer!!!
I am definitely not one who likes to spend money if I don't need to! (I used to spend half of my paycheck every month on stuff for my room, but I got over that about 3 years ago!) Now, if I see something cool in a resource book or in someone else's room, I do not go running to the nearest teacher store to buy it. I get on my computer and make it! Without my printer, I would still be going broke!!


Dry Erase Crayons!!!
I got SO lucky with these! I stumbled across them last fall in the clearance section at Walgreen's. They were only 99 cents a pack!! I had no idea if they would work, but for a buck...I bought every pack they had! There are 8 jumbo-sized crayons and a mitt for erasing in every pack. I love them! They wipe off very well, and you don't have to worry about lids that are missing or not on all the way. They never dry out! And, since they are the jumbo size, they last a really long time!

  


"Magic Wand"!!!
 I got mine as a door prize at a staff development session several years ago. You strike it on any hard surface and it makes this quiet, chime-like noise for several seconds. I use it as a signal to turn off your voice and give me your attention. My daughter (who will be a 6th grader) told me this week that her teacher last year would strike it once, and they all had to be quiet before the noise stopped. I'm always looking for fun ways to get my kiddos' attention and this was definitely a welcome addition to my toolbox!! They come in several different shapes, but mine happens to be the star.

  


Now, I'm off to blog hop and see what everyone else is sharing! You can link up and share your faves by clicking on the button at the very top of this post!
  

1 comment:

  1. I just got back from a weekend away and saw that you had linked up. Thanks so much :) Dry erase crayons, huh??!! I am going to have to get my hands on a pack or two of those. Thanks for the ideas! Here's to a great school year!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete